Learn about us.
The Haven of Hope Cancer Foundation is established as an Ohio non-profit organization exclusively for charitable, educational, religious and scientific purposes to address long standing needs for those affected by cancer in the central Ohio area.
To support the mission and purpose of the Haven of Hope Cancer Foundation our goals are to:
- Provide complementary therapies in the form of exercise, art, music, and pet therapy at no cost to patients and family members. Complementary therapies provide patients with a means of expressing their feelings, concerns and anxieties through movement, touch, and sound; providing a holistic approach to healing.
- Facilitate access to additional support services, such as licensed counselors, social workers, clergy and other trained personnel and to coordinate with religious leaders to provide spiritual counseling and support at The Zangmeister Center.
- Sponsor a series of facility enhancements at The Zangmeister Center to create a sense of healing and care for patients and their family members. (Ideas are a “garden of hope” on the grounds; a meditative walkway; a “wall of hope”; valet parking.)
- Provide a lending library and resource center at The Zangmeister Center, at no cost to the community, where cancer-related information can be found in hard-copy publications, audio and video tapes, and on-line access.
- Provide free and/or low cost cancer education and awareness seminars as well as cancer screening programs and drives. The seminars will not only include educational topics, but also motivational and uplifting messages from survivors and others.
- Facilitate and conduct cancer support groups for patients, survivors, family members and caregivers. Participants will meet in an environment where they can express their feelings, provide mutual support to each other and openly discuss their struggles and successes. Groups will be facilitated by professional social workers and therapists.
- Provide a volunteer program whereby a network of cancer survivors, family members and friends in the community would be available to personally assist patients and their families, creating a compassionate and caring atmosphere and a personal touch to the cancer experience.
- To help others coordinate selected data-based research and other cancer studies unrelated to pharmaceutical company sponsored clinical trials. The intent is to provide a source of information to researchers, with appropriate patient consent, to facilitate the ongoing research and development of cancer treatment and protocols.