Are you a future Haven of Hope Volunteer?
In addition to our dedicated staff, caring volunteers serve as patient escorts, chemotherapy liaisons and resource room assistants. The majority of our volunteers are survivors and family members of survivors. As they work in the Haven and throughout the center they offer a caring heart and listening ears to those who are beginning their journey.
Haven of Hope Cancer Foundation
3100 Plaza Properties Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43219
Attn: Eileen Barry, Volunteer Coordinator
Code of Ethics for Volunteers
- Be genuine
- Listen with an open heart
- Remember their story is why we’re here
- Always treat others with respect, courtesy and dignity
- Speak kindly and patiently
- Respect confidentiality
- Don’t offer medical advice
- Be ready and willing to help
- Accept the rules and be an active team member
- Help others to find their strengths
- Respect differences (of lifestyles, dress, opinions, culture, religion)
- Care for myself