Everyone’s story is different. Here our participants, volunteers, and staff, tell you in their own words – their testimonials – what the Haven of Hope has done for them.[quote]
Why I Volunteer for Haven of Hope:
- Volunteering is a fun way to meet new people – both patients and staff.
- Passing out snacks and beverages to patients in the infusion room at the Zangmeister Center is a rewarding and enjoyable experience. I like to see the smiles on patients’ faces when they get to choose their favorite crackers, cookies and drink.
- Chatting with patients, who are undergoing chemo treatments, seems to lighten their moods and brightens my day.
- Doing occasional office chores, such as filing papers or running Xerox copies, provides me with a sense of purpose. I feel as though I am relieving the Haven of Hope staff members from extra work so that they have more time to assist families and patients dealing with a cancer diagnosis.
- Volunteering gives me the chance to say thank you for the wonderful services that I have received from Haven of Hope. This spring I took yoga classes, and I have attended several nutrition workshops. I hope these experiences will help me to develop healthier habits.
I encourage anyone who is thinking of volunteering to check out the Haven of Hope website at www.hohcf.org, call the office at 614-383-6256 or visit the office on the third floor of the Zangmeister Center.
Nancy, Cancer Survivor, Haven of Hope Participant AND Volunteer[/quote]